Meet our Ingredients
Enjoy learning about our unique ingredients in more detail.
To further your education check out our research page.
The reishi mushroom, also known as Ganoderma lucidum and lingzhi, is a fungus that is found throughout Asia.
- Reishi became popular around 2,000 years ago in China where it was heralded as the “soul mushroom” and has been a staple “superior adaptogen” in Eastern Medicine ever since.
- Reishi also has been found to help support individuals in adapting to mental & physical stressors.
- Reishi has also more recently been studied for its cardiovascular health benefits.
Cordyceps, specifically known as Cordyceps militaris, is a species of fungus in the family Cordycipitaceae. The fungi have been hand-collected, dried and used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for centuries as a superfood to treat a variety of ailments including fatigue, sickness, kidney disease and low sex drive. Cordyceps have become increasingly popular in supplements due to their many purported health benefits.
- Cordyceps are a superfood which may help cleanse and detoxify the body.
- Cordyceps have been studied to reduce fatigue while also increasing human exercise performance.
- Studied for its ability to reduce natural programmed cell death, which may extend lifespan.
- Increase the body’s production of the molecule adenosine triphosphate (ATP), which is essential for delivering energy to the muscles.
Corilous Versioelor (Turkey Tail)
Corilous Versioelor, also known as Trametes versicolor and commonly known as Turkey Tail, is one of the most well-known medicinal mushrooms. Turkey Tail has been used for centuries to treat a wide variety of conditions including enhancing the health of your immune system.
- One of the most researched functional mushrooms known for its potent polysaccharides.
- The beta-glucans & other nutrients inside of Turkey Tail mushroom make it a trusted ally for immunity.
- We encourage you to do further research on this amazing medicinal mushroom as there is so much to learn!
Propolis is a bee product found in beehives. It is a resin-like material made by bees from the buds of cone-bearing trees and poplar trees used to build their hives. Propolis has been used since prehistoric times to treat a variety of conditions, even the ancient Egyptians considered it holy!
- Propolis is one of nature's most powerful compounds offering a unique combination of plant bioactives created by bees.
- Contains over 300 biologically active ingredients; including fragrant chemicals, acids, carbohydrates, plant oils, and vitamins (B1, B2, C, and E)
- Propolis is thought to have antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties; however, current scientific research on propolis is limited.
- DemResearchers have found that bee products appear to provide protection from some bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
Eleutherococcus senticosus, commonly known as Siberian Ginseng, has been used for centuries in Eastern medicine believed to reduce inflammatory markers and protect against the effects of stress.
- Siberian ginseng has been found to increase mental functioning and mood, and promotes feelings of calm.
- Studied for its ability to enhance exercise performance.
Also called the “food of the Gods” is an evergreen fruit bearing-tree that grows in tropical forests. It contains polyphenols and has been studied for its ability to boost mitochondria function, energy production, and metabolism.
- Cocoa is heart-opening.
- Rch in minerals and antioxidants
- May produce mood-boosting effects
Guarana, also known as Paullinia cupana, is a Brazilian plant native to the Amazon. It is a common ingredient of energy drinks and is commonly known as the “natural caffeine plant”.
- Currently being studied for its ability to increase energy while acting as an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Guarana also contains theophylline and theobromine, which are chemicals similar to caffeine.
Shilajit is a blackish resin found primarily in the rocks of the Himalayan, Tibetan, and Altai mountains that develops over centuries from the decomposition of plants.
- Known for its diverse benefits & full of fulvic and humic acids, vitamins, tocopherols, antioxidants, and much more.
Lion’s mane mushroom, formally known as hou tou gu or yamabushitake, are large, white, shaggy medicinal mushrooms that look like a lion’s mane as they grow.
- Studies show that Lions mane mushroom has been found to increase NGF & BDNF, neurogenesis, as well as memory retention.
- Lions mane mushroom has been found to boost neuroprotective & nootropic properties
- Current studies are examining its ability to support reduction in anxiety.
He Shou Wu
He Shou Wu, also referred to as Fo-Ti, is a popular herbal remedy used for thousands of years in TCM (traditional Chinese medicine) as an “anti-aging” and longevity medicine that nourishes the blood, hair, skin, & nervous system.
- It’s used to treat a variety of ailments and has been linked to a number of health benefits
A medicinal herb known as “the student herb” that shows promising studies in its ability to act as a neuroprotector that may cause neurogenesis and stimulate the growth of brain cells.
- Studies are showing that Gotu Kola has the ability to enhance mood, cognition, memory, learning abilities, while fending off degenerative brain diseases.
Chaga mushroom, formally known as Inonotus obliquus, is a fungus in the family Hymenochaetaceae found on birch and other trees. For centuries now these mushrooms have been used in Siberia and other parts of Asia as a medicine to boost immunity and improve overall health.
- Chaga mushrooms contain nutrients and are loaded with antioxidants.
- Current studies are researching how chaga mushrooms can assist in lowering blood sugar and cholesterol, fighting inflammation and supporting the immune system.
Cinnamon is most commonly known for its aromatic fragrance and flavour. One of the most essential active ingredients in cinnamon is cinnamaldehyde. Research has shown that it may be responsible for some of cinnamon’s possible health benefits.
- Known for its great aromatic taste and also boosting anti-viral, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties.
- Some research indicates that cinnamon may be good for people with diabetes.
A plant from the genus Prosopis native to the US and Mexico. We have added it into our formulations for its sweet taste and added benefits of being high in fibre, omega 3’s, and other essential minerals.
- Mesquite is a high-protein, highly nutritious food, rich in iron, lysine, manganese, potassium, and zinc.
- Studies have shown that diets rich in potassium, an essential mineral and electrolyte, can help to prevent stroke and high blood pressure, and increase bone mineral density.
The Yacon root, formally known as Smallanthus sonchifolius, is a species of perennial daisy traditionally grown in South America for its delicious sweet roots.
- Yacon produces a potent source of fructooligosaccharides otherwise known as FOS.
- Consumption of FOS promotes the growth of health-promoting bacteria while minimising pathogenic bacteria populations.
- Some research shows that the Yacon root can potentially reduce cholesterol and triglycerides and can encourage weight loss.
- We highly encourage you to check out the cited study on the Yacon Root below.
Urtica dioica, commonly referred to as Stinging nettle, is a plant grown across the globe and has been used in herbal medicine since ancient times.
- The root and above ground parts have been used in diabetes treatment
- Stinging nettle contains ingredients that might decrease swelling and increase urination.
- Currently being studied for its nutrients in the form of vitamins (A, C, K and B), minerals, amino acids, polyphenols, and pigments. These nutrients might act as antioxidants to help defend your cells against damage from free radicals.